Want to get hold of some tips to search for the best possible retail job? Read through the article. Competition and the recent recession have made the process of job search tiresome. This article gives you few tips with the help of which you can beat others and reach the top of the interview list.
The first step to look for a good job is to ask your friends about it. Try socialising with all your friends, friends of friends and relatives. Try rejuvenating your association with people with whom you have lost contact. You never know how fruitful this networking can be.
Secondly, start with a small retail outlet in a local shopping complex which has fewer customers. This would give you opportunity to gain your confidence as it will involve less competition.
Thirdly, do not sit for the company to come up to you. Go and give forced applications in companies of your choice. Visit their websites and search for these links- “careers”, “jobs” or “about us”.
Search the internet thoroughly. It has a huge variety of retail job options that you can chose from. Look for the best suitable retail job on the internet through the following search engines.
· All retail jobs- This has a list of retail jobs from more than 12,000 employers and recruiters. It also provides e-mail alerts whenever jobs matching to your profile and expectation are posted on the site.
· Biz Journals Retail Jobs- This free service is attached to the OnTargetJobs and has a huge number of management level retail jobs.
· Careers in grocery- This has details of retail jobs, from the level of clerk to general manager in the grocery industry.
· Clothing industry jobs- If you want a job in the clothing industry, then you can try this free service that will give you a variety of uncommon career options.
· Fashion Gigs- This provides more than 10,000 retail job opportunities in the fashion world.
· Groove job- This mainly focuses on part time job options for students, teenagers and also hourly jobs in the wide retail industry.
· Job Monkey- This claims to offer the “coolest job on the earth”. This free service guarantees opportunities that will take you round the world along with earning a handsome amount.
· Just e-commerce jobs- This has a list of all retail jobs connected to e-commerce. It offers jobs that need IT as well as programming skills.
· Oodle Retail, Merchandising and Wholesale jobs- This provides national and local job offers from small and less popular classified sites.
· Twitter- This contains retail specific job tweets such as @fashionretail, @jobs_at_retail, @merchandisejobs, @newretailjobs, @retail_careers, @retailsalesjobs. All kinds of retail related job offers can be found here.
· Other areas where you can find good retail jobs are-
I Hire Retail, Job Fox Visual Merchandising Jobs, Retail Gigs, Simply Hired and so on.